Only God Can Answer the Why
(Isaiah 7:9) “…If you do not stand ﬁrm in your faith you will not stand at all”
Four Questions in the Midst of Trouble
1. Was it from me? Did I cause it?
2. Was it by someone else?
3. Was it the cause of nature operating in a fallen universe?
4. Did this come from the “evil one”?
(John 10:10) “The thief does not come except to steal, and to kill, and to destroy. I have come that they may have life, and that they may have it more abundantly.”
Four Truths in the Midst of Trouble
1. God is never the author of evil.
(John 1:5) “And the light shines in the darkness, and the darkness did not comprehend it.”
2. God will never put on you more than He has put in you.
(Isaiah 43:2) “When you pass through the waters, I will be with you; And through the rivers, they shall not overﬂow you. When you walk through the ﬁre, you shall not be burned, Nor shall the ﬂame scorch you.”
3. God’s presence is never more evident than in the middle of a storm.
(Psalm 34:18) “The Lord is near to those who have a broken heart, and saves such as have a contrite spirit.”
4. God will use the pain that comes your way for his purpose and blessing!
(Romans 8:28-29) “And we know that all things work together for good to those who love God, to those who are the called according to His purpose. For whom He foreknew, He also predestined to be conformed to the image of His Son, that He might be the ﬁrstborn among many brethren.”